Wednesday 21 August 2013

Keep Calm and Carry On Dating- Jane Austin

When I first heard about Jane Austin's collection of stories related to internet dating I was keen to give them a try.  I've never actually had any first hand experience of any dating websites, but my husband and I did first meet on an online forum and are still very happy together fifteen years on, so I thought I would be somewhat qualified to make a judgment...

Keep Calm and Carry on Dating showcases fifty different experiences of online dating and each story is only a few pages long. Most of the people interviewed seemed to have at least one negative experience- coming across liars, thieves and the sexually depraved is commonplace in the world of online dating if these accounts are to be believed! 

Personally, I was expecting more humour and variety from the tales, but this is a short read that may appeal to those who have had nightmare dating experience themselves. 

6/10

Keep Calm and Carry on Dating is out now, published by Troubadour.

No comments:

Post a Comment