Wednesday 7 August 2013

One Step Too Far- Tina Seskis

I was drawn to One Step Too Far as I loved the sound of the plot.  Emily, an identical twin, leaves her husband and son, escaping her dysfunctional family by fleeing to London.  As she takes on a new identity as Cat, her life changes beyond all recognition.  Living in a rundown shared house in Finchley Park, Cat meets Angel who is also running from her past. Angel takes Cat under her wing and soon Cat's life spirals out of control.  Trying to escape her past and create a new persona, she finds that you can run, but you can't hide.

I did enjoy One Step Too Far and can see why it is one of the books that people are talking about this summer.  It was unsettling to read, especially as flashbacks throughout provided more information about why Emily and her family may have behaved the way they did.  I found this to be well written and a gripping read that held my interest, and I cared enough about Emily/Cat to want to know the outcome of her story.  One Step Too Far is a psychological thriller that might appeal to fans of other books in this genre such as Gone Girl and Before I Go to Sleep.

8/10
With thanks to Kirk Parolles for providing me with a review copy of One Step Too Far.  You can find out more about Tina Seskis on her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment