Sunday 29 September 2013

Wing Girl- Nic Tatano

Belinda Carson is a well known reporter, and the ultimate 'wing girl'- attracting the attention of men and allowing her friends the opportunity to swoop and grab them.

However, the time has come for Belinda to get a man of her own.  After a quick fire makeover to get tongues wagging and a crash course in etiquette, she is officially looking for a man. 

Before long Belinda has the attention of Scott, a handsome volunteer at the cat shelter.  He seems to have all the same interests as her and is certainly attractive, but irritating Vincent, cousin of Belinda's friend Rox, is always there in the background.  Can Belinda find the man of her dreams and rid herself of the wing girl tag once and for all?

I was looking for a romantic, entertaining novel and I found one in Wing Girl.  It did take a while to hook me in as I felt Wing Girl was a bit of a slow starter, but once the romance began I couldn't put it down.  I desperately wanted Belinda to find her Mr Right!  I loved how Belinda had a tightknit group of friends watching out for her, they reminded me of the ladies from Sex and the City- no nonsense and honest, yet caring too.

I felt the epilogue was an unnecessary add-on and I would have preferred the book to have finished at the end of the final chapter, but overall I found Wing Girl to be a fun read which had me rooting for love to reign supreme.

Wing Girl is out now, published by Harper Impulse.

7/10

With thanks to the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your kind words about my book, and for taking the time to read and review it. Greatly appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would make a great TV rom com series!

    ReplyDelete