Thursday 24 October 2013

Do You Remember?- Mandy Baggot

 
Harper Impulse are fast becoming one of my favourite romance publishers.  They manage to offer a wide variety of books within the genre, and I'm yet to be disappointed!

Do You Remember? is a story of the all encompassing nature of first love.  Set in France in 2005,the book follows the relationship between Emma, who has recently lost her mother and Guy.  They are swept away by their feelings for each other, falling quickly and deeply.  However, love rarely runs smoothly and Emma returns home from her holiday with a broken heart...

Fast forward to the present day and Emma is raising her young son and working crazily hard in her job as an English teacher.  She is settled with a boyfriend who adores her.  So when Guy reappears in her life Emma is completely unprepared for the emotions that overcome her.

I absolutely loved this book!  I'm a bit of a sappy romantic at heart and this book ticked all the boxes.  I thought Emma and Guy's relationship came across as very real, especially the portrayal of their time in France where the longing and desire oozes off the page.  The plot was simple but had enough little twists and turns to keep me guessing about aspects of it.  I was desperate to find out if there would be a happy ending and would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a heartwarming read.

8.5/10

With thanks to Harper Impulse for providing me with a review copy of this book.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this great review, Kate! I'm so glad you enjoyed Emma and Guy's story!

    Mandy :)

    ReplyDelete