Saturday 26 October 2013

'You've Never Read Harry Potter or Twilight?!' by guest blogger Tanya

Today I am introducing Tanya from the After the Final Chapters blog.  I can't quite believe she has never read Harry Potter OR Twilight, but she hasn't!  Here's why....

I have never read..

…well most of the books that you would expect a book addict/reviewer to have read. I used to read an awful lot in my teens and tweens, even my early twenties. However like with a lot of people life got in the way and I was having my family. While I was popping out babies (3 in less than 3 years) I am sure you will forgive me for not reading. Sure I tried a few times but nothing grabbed my interest long enough. Until…yes you guessed it Christian Grey came along with his flogger and his red room of pain and just like that I was hooked. Now instead of life getting in the way of reading, reading is getting in the way of life. Just the way I like it ;)

However my little hiatus from reading also means that I haven’t read all those books that people assume everyone has read. I haven’t read Twilight nor have I read Harry Potter.  I have both of these in my Kobo and I can honestly say hand on my heart. NO I will not be reading them.  Why. Well for a start , I do my best not to do paranormal/fantasy. If it can’t happen then I don’t want to know about it. I honestly do not see the appeal. I haven’t watched the movies either. I can maybe see the attraction with twilight, I’ve heard it’s all angsty and stuff, which I will be the first to admit I love in a book. It’s why I love the New Adult genre and Indie authors so much. They give it in spades. The only problem I have with it is the vampires. I’m guessing that would be a big problem.

Again with Harry Potter, just don’t get it. And I know there are legions of fans out there who will probably want to hunt me down – what is the big deal? They aren’t even characters you can crush on, they are kids :/ In saying that, my oldest son is about to turn 6 and something tells me he is the very one that is going to introduce me to Hogwarts!


@aftrthfnlchptrs



 
With thanks to Tanya for taking the time to be part of 'You've Never Read....?!' week..
 

No comments:

Post a Comment