Thursday 24 October 2013

'You've never read Twilight?!' by guest blogger Clare

Today I'm welcoming Clare from the A book and tea blog.  She's here to tell us why she's never read Twilight....


Vampires don't sparkle!

You might be surprised to know that I haven't read 'Twilight'. Well, that's a little lie; I've read some and didn't like it, so stopped. I guess you could say I’ve never read it, right?

I love the fantasy genre and weirdly there's nothing sexier than a male vampire, but with Twilight, I just felt it didn't make much sense. Since when did Vampires sparkle? Never! I'm a firm believer in living in your imagination, but no, it doesn't work so, stop it!

Now, don’t get me wrong I think the story is a great one and that’s why I started it in the first place and I would happily have carried on if it wasn’t written so poorly. The hypercritical siren is probably blaring at me right now because I am not the best at grammar and sometimes I’m sure my sentences make sense, but I’m not a published author.

I always feel bad that I don't finish a book because in reality it means I don't give it a fair judgement, but from watching the film and reading other reviews I don't think I'll bother. I just don't understand how so many people could hate a book so much for the comments not be justified.

I'm surprised at how against the book I am because I like lovey-dovey romance sometimes but I mustn't be falling for it anymore? Plus, do Robert Patterson and Kirsten Stewart really need that much magazine space?

I think it is safe to say I wouldn’t be reading it again. I hope I'm not insulting anyone because I didn't intend to. If you enjoy something it shouldn't matter what I say.

Clare

abookandtea.wordpress.com
@abookandtea

 

No comments:

Post a Comment