Wednesday 6 November 2013

Just What Kind of Mother Are You?- Paula Daly

There seems to be a real surge in psychological thrillers at the moment, particularly those in relation to motherhood.  Just What Kind of Mother Are You?  is a gripping book which will keep you guessing.

The plot follows Lisa, a busy Mum, struggling to balance all her commitments.  The juggling act is always a challenge, but this time there are serious consequences to her taking her eye off the ball- her best friend's daughter goes missing.  Riddled with guilt, Lisa is determined to do all she can to find the child...

I really enjoyed Just What Kind of Mother Are You? , it is a fabulously enticing read that had me desperate to turn the pages and uncover the facts.  It sped by at a tremendous pace and I was halfway before I knew it.  Paula Daly does a fantastic job at keeping you guessing-there are so many twists and turns and as a reader I was never sure who to trust.  The pain and horror of being responsible for a child going missing is portrayed eloquently and as someone who works with children I found this quite an upsetting read, imagining how awful it must be to bear the burden of responsibility for someone else's child disappearing.

Well written and with an interesting plot, I would recommend this book to fans of Gillian Flynn and Liane Moriarty.

Just What Kind of Mother Are You?  is out now.

8.5/10

With thanks to the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment