Monday 11 November 2013

Take A Look at Me Now- Miranda Dickinson

 
I am a huge fan of Miranda Dickinson, and find her books comforting and inspiring.  Her characters are full of drive and verve and the settings are always described so evocatively that you can immerse yourself in a place that you have never actually been.  I also love how the importance of a supportive family is portrayed in her books.
 
Take a Look at Me Now has been highly anticipated by fans.  It was one of the books I have been most impatient for during 2013 and I desperately wanted to love it.  And love it I did.  Once I started I couldn't put it down, I was captivated.
 
Nell has a nightmare day-not only does she lose Aidan, the man who has captured her heart, but she is made redundant.  Yes, she had been wishing for change, but this wasn't what she was expecting! Nell decides to throw caution to the wind and spend her redundancy money visiting her cousin Lizzie in San Francisco.  Whilst there Nell finds herself surrounded by quirky, kooky people living their dreams- can she take inspiration from them and make her own dreams a reality?
 
Take A Look at Me Now is a read that makes you believe anything is possible.  San Francisco sounds amazing and I am even more keen to visit there than I was before after reading this book.  Most of all I found myself willing for Nell, rooting for her to strive for her dreams and find happiness.
 
Miranda Dickinson is an author bursting to the brim with talent.  She creates characters that readers care about and her writing is infused with humour and romance.  Fabulous.  You can follow her on twitter, @wurdsmyth.
 
Take A Look at Me Now is available as a paperback and ebook, published by Avon, and imprint of Harper Collins.
 
8.5/10
 
With thanks to the publisher for sending me a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment