Friday 15 November 2013

Until You're Mine- Samantha Hayes

Blurb
You have something that someone else wants.
At any cost ...
Claudia seems to have the perfect life.
She's heavily pregnant with a much wanted baby, she has a loving husband, and a beautiful home.
And then Zoe steps into her life. Zoe has come to help Claudia when her baby arrives.
But there's something about Zoe that Claudia doesn't like. Or trust.
And when she finds Zoe in her bedroom, Claudia's anxiety turns to real fear ...

Review
I do love a gripping psychological thriller and Until You're Mine is certainly that!  A discomfiting read which made my skin crawl, I was completely sucked into the story.  The characters were all irritating and had flawed aspects to their personalities, yet I was somehow compelled to keep reading. Claudia was portrayed as the typical neurotic Mum-to-be and I found her a frustrating character, although as a mother I did empathise with her fears about Zoe's erratic and unexplainable behaviour. 

Samantha Hayes writes in a way that makes you doubt yourself all the time, leaving you unsure of who to trust.  By telling the story from three different points of view (Claudia, Zoe and Lorraine, a detective) the reader is able to see the plot develop but Hayes never gives too much away.  I was engrossed right up to the final page and really didn't want it to end. 

Fans of Gone Girl and The Husband's Secret might well enjoy this one- I know I'll definitely be looking out for more books by this author.

Until You're Mine is out now.

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment