Wednesday 4 December 2013

The Christmas Book-Rita Storey

Are you looking for ways to keep children entertained over the festive period?  The Christmas Book contains facts, recipes and crafts ideas to help you.  Personally, I thought the facts were the best bit of this book for me, along with the cheesy jokes which had me giggling and cringing in equal measure.  The book contains a simplistic version of the Christmas story and introduces both children and adults to Christmas traditions from other cultures.

 
Some of the activities have the potential to get messy and may require adult help.  However, this book does offer ideas to keep children busy over the Christmas holidays, particularly those who want to feel they are taking an active role in the run up to Christmas.  Traditional craft activities (making crackers, finger print cards) and recipes (mince pies, punch, yule log) are included along with some simple gift ideas.  I love the idea of a the muffin jar, I plan to make some of these as gifts with my son!

Overall, this is one of the better Christmas activity books I have seen in terms of variety of content.

The Christmas Book is out now, published by Franklin Watts.

8/10

With thanks to the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment