Sunday 1 December 2013

The Gift- Karli Perrin

I am absolutely delighted to be part of the blogger blitz for Karli Perrin's festive release The Gift.  As we enter advent the Books with Bunny 'Advent-ures in Fiction 2013' feature kicks off and if you are after a romantic short story, keep reading!
 
 

The Gift is a fun, flirty short story (7000 words approx.) with a festive feel.  Blake and Imogen are students passionate about their studies.  Despite having mutual friends they've never met each other, until one crazy night at a club when their paths cross in the most unexpected of ways...

The Gift is packed full of sexual tension, double-entendres and innuendo, a cute romance with an underlying layer of sizzle.  Blake is just the sweetest and hottest guy, I think lots of readers will be hoping for a Blake of their own under the tree come Christmas morning!

Karli Perrin managed to create warm characters that I actually cared about-no mean feat for a story so short.  My only gripe is that I wanted more!  I feel this would have worked really well as a full length novel which would have allowed the tension between Imogen and Blake to build even more, but if you want a quick, festive romance then The Gift is worth a read.

The Gift is out TODAY!

7.5/10

With thanks to the author who provided me with an ARC in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment