Tuesday 21 January 2014

Confessions of a Chelsea Boy- Spencer Matthews

 
I'm a big fan of reality TV.  I know it is trashy, I know it is mindless, but I can't help it.  I love watching Made in Chelsea as it is so far removed from my own life-people swanning off to Dubai at the drop of a hat, glamorous parties every night, huge drama as everyone is snogging everyone else...

Spencer Matthews is often painted as the bad boy in the show, a playboy with little or no regard for the women he eats up (literally and figuratively) and spits out.  From Confessions of a Chelsea Boy it is obvious that he really is a bit of a womaniser, yet he speaks respectfully about previous partners and with great affection for some of his first loves. 

The book also gives information about his upbringing, the tragic loss of his brother who died whilst climbing Everest and never returned home and his experiences with drugs.  I loved reading the stories about his early meetings with Oliver Proudlock and Jamie Laing, his Made in Chelsea costars and of course his relationship with Caggie.

This is probably not a book for anyone except pretty diehard fans of Made in Chelsea, but it does give an insight into the life of one of our biggest reality stars.

As an aside, the photos of him growing up are amusing-he looks exactly as he does now but shorter and with longer hair!

Confessions of a Chelsea Boy is out now.

7/10

With thanks to the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment