Thursday 2 January 2014

Say It With Sequins:The Rumba- Georgia Hill

The Blurb
For fans of reality dance shows, this series is strictly irresistible!

Slip on some dance shoes and step up to love!

Who Dares Dances is a reality TV show with a difference. Not only do contestants have to learn to dance, they also face a series of bizarre challenges.

Julia Cooper signs up in a bid to revive her flagging acting career. But when she meets dare-devil TV presenter Harri Morgan the attraction is instant – and hot!

Forced to perform a sexy rumba together, the sequins really start to fly. Will they score the perfect ten, or is their romance destined to be a dance disaster?

Find out in Say it with Sequins, the first in a series of three novellas.

The Review
Firstly, how gorgeous is the cover of this one?  Eyecatching and classy it encapsulates all the glamour and romance of ballroom dancing.

There were aspects of this book that I found hard to get to grips with, mainly that there are a lot of peripheral characters which were surplus to the main plot.  For a short novella I personally would have preferred there to be less named characters which would have made it easier for me to follow.

However, as a huge Strictly fan and a dancer myself I absolutely loved having a story about dance to snuggle down with.  The rumba certainly lends itself to a bit of sauce and spice and I think Harri may be my first book boyfriend of 2014.  Honestly, I loved him.  It made me wonder why on earth there aren't more Welsh men in romance books because they are HOT!  Especially when they talk Welsh... Mae'n boeth iawn...

I enjoyed how the romance built up and found both main characters easy to warm to.  I just wish it had been longer so I could have had more of hunky Harri.  Honestly, Georgia, get writing more about him.  Please.  I'm begging.

Cheesy in parts but also the kind of sweeping romance I adore, I'll definitely give the other books in this series a whirl...but until then, I'll keeeeeep dancing.

Say it with Sequins:The Rumba is out now, published by Harper Impulse.

8/10

I received an ARC of this book in return for my honest opinions.

Find out more by clicking the banner below. Visit

No comments:

Post a Comment