Sunday 19 January 2014

Snake Typhoon- Billie Jones

 
The Blurb
Move over Lara Croft, there’s a new action hero in town!

When unseasonable weather hits the sunshine city of Brisbane, a freak typhoon terrorizes the citizens. It’s not just any typhoon though, it’s a snake typhoon! And the deadliest snakes in Australia, with venomous fangs are flying straight for Kez.

Kez is the new girl in the office and she’s desperately fighting to prove herself, but what’s a girl to do when faced with a typhoon of snakes coming straight for her helicopter?

These flying diabolical snakes will stop at nothing to kill their victims and Kez only has one option: Figure out how to stop a snake typhoon and save the world... or die trying!


The Review
When the author approached me and asked if I'd like to review Snake Typhoon, I really wasn't sure if it'd be my sort of thing.  I mostly read romance or thriller/suspense and this is a completely different book!  It reminded me of those action movies that require you to suspend disbelief- Snakes on A Plane type films with a generous sprinkling of the farce from the parodies of the genre, or a cartoon from my childhood.

Although totally different to my usual reading material, I enjoyed Snake Typhoon more than I thought.  It was entertaining and amusing, quirky and unique. 

I liked Kez as the girl who has a point to prove, she was an interesting character that I'd like to learn more about.

Overall, if you like humorous spoof films such as Scary Movie then this could be the perfect short read for you.  At just 10,000 words it can easily be read in one sitting for a quick dose of action and it certainly gave me some laughs on my commute.

Snake Typhoon is to be released as an ebook by Carina on January 24th and is available for preorder now.

7/10

With thanks to the author for providing me with a copy of this book in return for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment