Friday 21 February 2014

Between a Rockstar and a Hard Place- Portia MacIntosh PART OF THE GG BOOK TOUR

 
 
 
The Blurb-
Being best friends with a mega-star has its perks and Nicole Wilde, music journalist, laps them up. But when said friend, Dylan King, gorgeous lead singer of The Burnouts, has zero sense of self-preservation – once a drop of alcohol hits his blood stream ‒ and an inability to keep ‘little Dylan’ in his pants, it also comes with responsibilities.

Now, Nicole has to track down Dylan in time to play a charity gig tomorrow. Half a dozen groupies, a haunted hotel, a tattoo parlour, a reality show runner-up and a crazy bed-hopping, sleepless night later – will she find him before the tour bus leaves town? And when she does, is it time to head home? Or to jump on the tour bus and go along for the ride!

The Review-
Regular readers of my blog will be full aware that I am the ultimate fangirl. I'm not that fussy- actors, footballers, but most especially boybands-if they are in my vicinity I will tune into my inner fifteen year old, batt my eyelids and drool before pouncing on them for a photo, hug, kiss, or whatever else I can get. 
 
Portia MacIntosh has herself spent a lot of time around bands, and it shows.  I could totally relate to this book- the craziness, the unpredictability, the absolute mayhem of being near stars that are on tour-I loved it.  I laughed out loud at so many parts of this book, as whilst it is humorous I have seen things like this going on when I have been in hotels with bands-hilarious!  Whilst this is a fiction book and could be enjoyed by anyone who likes a farce/comedy/romance, I do think it is a particularly perfect read for fangirls everywhere.
 
Portia writes in a colloquial fashion which makes this a really easy book to read- unfortunately I finished it in about an hour and found myself with a chronic book hangover which was hard to cure. 
 
So would I recommend it?  Absolutely.  This would be great holiday reading or entertaining light relief for when you need a giggle.  Perfecto.
 
Between A Rockstar and a Hard Place is out now, published by Carina.
 
9/10
 
With thanks to the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book in return for my honest opinion.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment