Wednesday 5 February 2014

Follow Your Fantasy- Nicola Jane

Follow Your Fantasy is the most fantastic idea!  Taking inspiration from the 'Choose your Own Adventure' books popular with children in the 80s and 90s, Follow Your Fantasy is a risqué version of this.  At different points in the story you get given options of what you want to happen next, offering different opportunities every time you read.

Follow Your Fantasy was great fun, and I can imagine it would be popular with the new adult /erotica audience.  Whilst I loved having the chance to 'mix and match' a story of my own, there were times I thought the writing could have been more engaging.  I appreciate it is hard to do that when the story could leap about in any permutation, but it did cause there to be some distance between the characters and the reader which I think are particularly important in erotic fiction.

It will be interesting to see what readers make of it-the press are very excited about it!  Find out more by clicking on the banner below.

Follow Your Fantasy is out on February 13th, published by Harper Impulse.

7/10

With thanks to the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book in return for my honest opinion.

Visit

No comments:

Post a Comment