Thursday 31 July 2014

Ugly Love- Colleen Hoover

 
One girl throwing caution to the wind and one boy giving in to lust for the first time in six years...that's pretty much the plot of Colleen Hoover's latest release Ugly Love.  I'd heard so many fantastic things about Colleen's novels but this is the first one I have read- I can tell you now it won't be the last.

Airline pilot Miles is up front and honest.  He isn't open to love.   Sensible, reliable Tate convinces herself this doesn't matter, that she can handle a no-strings, purely physical relationship. They have two rules- don't ask about the past and don't expect a future.  But can Tate play by the rules?  And does she even want to?

I'm not going to lie, there are some pretty steamy scenes in this one.  And the amount of sexual tension that sizzles off the page...well, let's just say that Miles and Tate's story had me gripped.  Hoover uses a dual narrative to expose both the characters points of view which results in the reader feeling like they know a lot about them both.  From the moment they meet (a slumped, drunken Miles lying in the doorway to Tate's apartment) through to the emotional climax, I took them into my heart.

It is a great summer read, perfect for the beach.  I rattled through it at pace, keen to know where the story was going and if the secrets of the past would be revealed.  The only trouble is I'm now gagging for more!

Colleen Hoover has succeeded where many others have fallen short.  In Ugly Love she's written a book with an intense and sexy feel which also has a strong plot.  Hoorah!

Ugly Love is out now published by Simon and Schuster.


No comments:

Post a Comment