Monday 3 August 2015

Meet Me at the Honeymoon Suite- Charlotte Phillips



The Blurb

Happy ever after…?

Fascinated by weddings since her mother was jilted at the altar when she was seven years old, Amy Woods is a brilliantly efficient wedding organizer, thanks to her ability to see past all the emotion and magic of ‘the big day’. Now, after years of being the assistant, she’s landed her dream job as Wedding and Events Manager at exclusive boutique hotel The Lavington. All she needs to do is pull off her first wedding weekend without a hitch…

Unfortunately the groom turns out to be her own marriage-phobic ex-boyfriend, proving yet again that Amy is good enough to be the warm up act but never the real deal. Then she breaks all her own rules and sleeps with the delicious but definitely off limits best man! To pull off the perfect weekend now, she will need to be her most clear-headed and emotionless. But as she gets to know best man Owen outside the bedroom, keeping herself focussed on the task isn’t so easy anymore.

The Review

When you've loved a series it's always hard to say goodbye, and that's just how I feel about the Do Not Disturb series.  I've read all five novellas (and reviewed all except the first book here on Books with Bunny), and feel like I know the staff and guests of The Lavington boutique hotel inside out!

Meet Me at the Honeymoon Suite introduces Amy, the Wedding and Events Manager (who's new to the role and on probation, but ssshhhhh- let the clients believe she's experienced).  Determined to prove her worth and get confirmed in post, she needs everything to be perfect at this wedding.  The only problem is, the groom is her ex-boyfriend Luke Pemberton...

However, it turns out Amy should be more worried about Luke's charming, attractive best man Owen than her ex.  It's just a shame that both Owen and Amy are such workaholics, because despite the undeniable fireworks sparking between them and the pair ending up in bed together, it seems there's no chance of a future for the couple.

In keeping with the rest of the series, this finale is a great contemporary romance.  I enjoyed the wedding setting (I want the brides flowers- they sound absolutely divine- as do the champagne cocktails!) and the tension between the couple radiated off the page.  It sizzles!  I absolutely believed in Amy and Owen's relationship and the potential problems their 'all work and no play' attitude could have on it- but I crossed my fingers and toes for it to work out between them in the end.  This is romantic fiction, after all...

I'd highly recommend the whole series and I'm hoping there's more to come from Charlotte Phillips, and soon.  After saving these last two books to read for weeks, I read them both in a few hours- oops!  I really do need to learn to pace myself...but it's hard when you're enjoying something so much.

I'm going to miss the hotel itself too.  My trips to The Lavington are as luxurious as I'm getting at the moment and it's nice to be surrounded by opulence, celebrity and beautiful surroundings- even if it is only through fiction!

These books are perfect holiday reading- give them a whirl and let them whisk you away on a wave of humour, romance and most of all fun.

Meet Me at the Honeymoon Suite is out now, published by Harper Impulse.

With thanks to the publisher and netgalley for providing me with a copy of this book in return for my unbiased opinion.

I read this book as part of #HIReadathon- follow the hashtag on twitter or search for it on facebook to find out more about how you can get involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment