Wednesday 19 August 2015

One Night in Edinburgh- Charlotte Howard

The Blurb

Chloe Shard has travelled to Edinburgh to meet up with a potential client, and has just twenty-four hours to convince them to sign her contract. But when she meets the delicious Ethan, he proves to be so much more than an enticing distraction. It’s not long before Chloe has some life changing decisions to make, and less than a day to make them.

The Review

It's been quite a while since I've read an erotic/hot romance, and when I heard about the City Nights series through author Lisa Fox (whose One Night in New York is out this month) I was keen to find out more.

I decided to start with the places I've visited or hope to visit, and I liked the sound of the Edinburgh story so thought it would be a good way to test out the series. 

It begins with business woman Chloe heading to Edinburgh to try and strike a lucrative deal, but when she meets Ethan she finds she's not focussing on her job, she's focussing on him.  But when she realises she's lost her box of sample products, she thinks she's blown her chance of the pitch anyway...

I enjoyed the story in this one, although the ending was very much in the realms of fiction rather than reality.  But then that's one of the reasons I read, to escape everyday life, so it didn't bother me too much.  I did wish there had been more made of Edinburgh itself though, the location didn't play that big part in the story and it could have been based anywhere.

There's sex in this one pretty much from the off, but then I expected that because of the novella length and the intention of the series.  That taxi scene- it's pretty hot stuff!  I've read my fair share of hot romance/erotic fiction over the years, and this was well written compared to much of what's on the market. 

If you like this genre, give it a whirl.  It's encouraged me to read some of the other titles in the series- next stop, San Francisco!

One Night in Edinburgh is out now, published by Tirgearr.

No comments:

Post a Comment