Sunday 9 August 2015

The Making of Us- Erin Lawless

The Blurb
HarperImpulse are delighted to introduce brilliant debut author Erin Lawless… perfect for fans of Mhairi McFarlane, Katy Regan and David Nicholls!

A free teaser of Erin Lawless’s fabulous debut The Best Thing I Never Had, complete with extra scenes and character biographies.

The Review

It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of Erin Lawless.  I absolutely raved about The Best Thing I Never Had back in 2013 and this summer's wonderful Somewhere Only We Know was better still.  I'd somehow missed that there was this freebie teaser for Erin's debut title, so I was delighted when I stumbled across it on Amazon.  More stories from one of my favourite authors!

The Making of Us is a collection of short snapshot moments using characters from The Best Thing I Never Had.   I love the banter between the students in the stories and particularly enjoyed the story of a forfeit following a lost bet!  There's also character profiles which reveal additional information about the friendship group.

If you've not read anything by Erin Lawless, this is a great way to get acquainted with her humorous, easy style and if you read and enjoyed her debut you'll enjoy the opportunity to know a bit more about her characters. 

It made me long for more!

The Making of Us is free and available to download from Amazon.  Published by Harper Impulse.

I read this as part of #HIReadathon 2015.  To get involved, follow the hashtag.


No comments:

Post a Comment